The Sudarium of Oviedo
Signs of Jesus Christ Death
- Format: eBook
- ISBN: 9781003277521
- Series: Jenny Stanford Series on Christian Relics and Phenomena
- Subject: Analytical Chemistry
- Published: April 2022
The Sudarium of Oviedo throws new light on the last hours of Jesus of Nazareth. It provides a better understanding of the gospel John 20:5-7 and some characteristics of the Shroud of Turin that explain since when the use of the Sudarium is known. During the past few decades, those interested in the Shroud of Turin have also been eager to know what this book reveals about the Sudarium of Oviedo, because it reinforces the possibility that both cloths were used on the same Man.
This book presents to English readers the research on the Sudarium of Oviedo, most of which has been available in Spanish so far. It includes a thorough critical analysis and new unpublished studies. The bloodstained cloth is claimed to be a relic of Christ. The text discusses its trace through history, the many tests performed directly on it or on its samples, its devotional value, and its comparison with the Shroud of Turin.
- Presents both scientific analysis and accessible summary at the same time
- Based on a broad approach to the subject
- Fills the vacuum created by the lack of English literature on the subject
- Authored by a direct researcher of the Sudarium who provides original hypothesis