Many of us in science have this “Aha!” moment when the mental puzzle is put together and you get a clear picture of a product, which will change the world. Moreover, you have a clear understanding of how it can be a commercial success. So, you decide to start a new company, a startup, and have a clear path to success. However, soon you come face to face with reality, where things are much more complicated. Only a minute fraction of startups survives and becomes successful. This is particularly true in the complex world of medical devices. There are many good books on startups but this book is specifically about startups on medical devices, which are very different from other ones. It is written by a MedDev entrepreneur for first-time MedTech entrepreneurs.
- Is specifically for MedTech entrepreneurs
- Covers all major steps in the development of a new medical device and bringing it to the market
- Analyzes product roadmap, common pitfalls, and factors, which can increase chances for success
- Discusses in each chapter a particular aspect of the MedDev startup roadmap: regulatory, fundraising, business model, IP protection
- Is primarily based on the US market but is also illustrated with examples from Europe and Canada